Thursday, August 9, 2007

I Miss Sleep

I really do. Before I had kids I could sleep forever on the weekends. Seriously, I could go to bed at midnight and sleep until one o'clock the next day. Sometimes I would sleep so long that I would get that headache that you get when your body is screaming, " THIS IS TOO MUCH SLEEP!" But I wouldn't care, I'd do it again the next night. That is the kind of reckless freespirited life that I led. Bring on the sleep, baby!
I don't have that life anymore. I go to sleep a long time after the kids do. This is a necessity. It is the only way that I can get important things like blogging, sex, reading, and peeing in private done. And then I get up before they do so that I can go to work. And even on the weekend I get up when they do, because yes I do like to see them and no, I don't want them to drown themselves in the toilet or pull every single item out of the refrigerator.
So sadly the days of wild and wicked sleep have passed and I miss those days very much. Especially at times like now, when I have to be at the office again in only eight short hours. Why in the hell am I not in bed?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Same here. Why am I not sleeping now???

Anonymous said...

I think the reason I stay up so late after they go to bed is that I can do whatever I want even if it's just sit there and look at the wall. And it's quiet. And nobody is crying. And nobody is talking or hollering (including me). I would pretty much rather have that self time than sleep. If it gets too bad though I just put off whatever needs doing and go to bed at the same time.

In summary, i miss sleep too. :)