Sunday, September 23, 2007

Part I of an Interview From My Friend at Soulsurvive

So, my good friend Cat over at Soulsurvive has sent me an interview. I haven't even read the questions yet. I figured I would go into this blind, like an interview with Barbara Walters. Wow...I am so excited. I am going to break this interview into two parts. Milk it for all the posts that its worth, you know? So, ten questions today and ten tomorrow...or tonight...I don't know yet. Let's get started.

1. Do you ever wish that you could trade places with your husband and be a stay-at-home mom (full time)?
Hmmm. Okay, I have decided to be honest about this, even though it may get me stoned. The answer sadly, is no. I love my babies. I love spending time with them. I just can't imagine doing it full time. That is one reason that I appreciate Randy so much. He is awesome, the job that he is doing is so much harder, so much more life enveloping, than the job that I do. He is awesome. That is why I say that he is a better parent than I am. I like going to work. I like doing something that is only mine. Even if that something is just work.

2. Is there any celebrity, song, show, etc. that you're ashamed to admit that you actually like?
Hmm, let me see. I am sort of ashamed to admit that I like Beauty and the Geek. It is not the most intellectual show ever. I have to admit it though, there is no end to the amusement that I get out of those stupid girls.

3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I have always wanted to be a writer and a teacher. I can remember writing stories as far back as the third grade. I had this great image of me being a very eccentric writer, with a flowing wardrobe and a ton of hippie friends. It didn't quite turn out that way.

4. How old were you when you had your first real kiss?
When I was 14 I started dating Yuck Face. He was a very unattractive boy. I believe that his only redeeming feature was that he wanted to be my boyfriend. I don't remember liking anything about him. But, I DO remember that he was my first REAL kiss. Boyfriends that I actually liked came shortly thereafter. In retrospect he was the worst kisser ever, and I wasn't that great either. I think we tried to eat each others' heads.

5. What is your dream job/career?
To be a writer or an editor. I don't think that I will ever make a living that way, but that would be my dream. I am currently writing poetry again. I love the art of that. I don't however kid myself that I will ever make a red cent doing it. I do it for only for the joy that it brings me.

6. Is there any big regret in life that you have -- something that you would do differently if you could turn back the hands of time?
I wouldn't change anything in my past. I will be honest, I had to think about this for a minute. Believe me there are many things that I wish would have never happened. But the truth of the matter is that each of those things helped to make me the person that I am today. And I wouldn't change anything about that.

7. If money, etc. weren't an issue, how many kids would you like to have (total)?
I believe that I would have four kids total. I love big families. I love giant holiday gatherings. I love the noise of my children. That seems like a good number without being too much to handle.

8. What is something that you did for someone you loved (or thought you loved) that you wish you had not done?
I guess, if I could wish something along these lines different, I would wish that I had never become the peacemaker in my family. Being the peacemaker can be a tiring soul wrenching lot in life. But then again, I said I wouldn't change anything, right?

9. If you wanted everyone to be able to describe you using just one word, what would that one word be?
I hope that that word would be REAL.

10. What, about yourself [as an individual], are you most proud of?
I am most proud of my intelligence and education. There, now you have it, I am a vain beast. I like being able to solve problems in life. I like being able to think about the issues that surround me. I like having the ability to read and understand almost any book. Think of the people out there in the world who can't do that! Think of the people who can't read at all. It must be so awful to be limited in the information that you can have access to. I can't even imagine.

8 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

Awesome interview! I wont stone you for wanting to be a working a mom- I was like that with my first son. Better to have quality over quantity, right?

Beauty and the Geek? Me too! Shhh! don't tell anyone!

Rebecca said...

some great answers to some very probing questions. I've got four kids but if money and work weren't an issue I'd have six! :)

and your first kiss - with yuck face - eating his head off? - GROSS.

JUST A MOM said...

WOW THAT WAS GOOD!!! Thanks for your honesty....

Serina Hope said...

Yes, it was gross.. very gross indeed. :)
I am glad to say that kissing, like so many other things, improved dramatically with time and experience.

Anonymous said...

Those were good, I'll be waiting for the next ten.

It was my second kiss that wasn't so great. But I still remember the first one fondly - though he turned out to be a real asshole.

And me? With plenty of money and ten years younger and could actually get and stay pregnant? I'd just keep having kids until I couldn't anymore!

Unknown said...

I was a SAHM for 3 years and I won't say that I hated every minute of it, but it certainly wasn't my dream job. By the time I went back to work I was kind of like Goldie Hawn in the movie Overboard when they had to throw her in the wash tub because all she could say was bababababababababa.

Great interview. I can't wait to see the next 10!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

These were all awesome but my favorite was your REAL response. I so respect that Serina!

Unknown said...

I really love thes interviews as I feel I get to know you better. :) I like that we live in a day where we can work and have daddy stay home. :)