Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My Long Weekend

I am feeling a little more rested than I did last night. I had a crazy busy long weekend. Don't worry, I will tell you all about it.

After work on Friday we drove down to my home town, good ole Natchez, Mississippi. The drive was pretty uneventful, but alas the kiddos did not sleep, so no rest for the weary. We sang Itsy Bitsy Spider and Old MacDonald for two hours. Yes, I am a singer extraordinaire. The kids refuse to let Randy sing at all. No one but I will do for them, they have exquisite taste. I do not know if I am bragging or whining about this...tough call.

Once we were in Natchez, Randy and I left the kids with Mom and ventured out to the Supa Wal-Mart. There isn't a freakshow in the world that can compare to the Super Wal-Mart in Natchez, MS on a Friday night. We waited in line for an HOUR and saw two girls almost get in a fight. No lie. It was awesome... We spent the family fortune buying birthday presents for three people who dared to share my birthday weekend.

Saturday was my Mamaw's party. It was a rousing success. She had a great time. I did too. I got to visit with several of my cousins. I personally don't think it could have gone better.Well, except for the fact that three of My Mamaw's kids suck ( my Dad included ) and weren't there. There were various excuses for all...but I deem them all suck excuses. Your Mama only turns 85 once. You not there = You suck.

Saturday evening my Mama had a dinner party for my Step-Dad and I. He is blessed enough to share my actual birthday. There were steaks, laughter, and Vodka cranberry drinks in great supply. To top all of that off there was a blizzard cake from Dairy Queen. Oh yes, you heard me! A FREAKING BLIZZARD CAKE! I was in heaven. (Yes I cheated, no I felt no guilt whatsoever, I was overwhelmed by pleasure.)

Sunday morning was the third party of the weekend. My cousin's daughter turned 2. The kids had a terrific time and I got to visit with even more cousins, while nursing a slight hangover. At this party I got to see my other grandparents, who were oblivious to the hangover.

After that I went shopping! I bought $50 shoes. It was divine. I have never spent that much on shoes, but baby were they worth it. I love them with the passion of a thousand fires. The shoe guy actually asked me if I always got that excited when I bought shoes...uh yeah, when they cost $50 and it is my birthday. I am sad to tell you that I am so cheap that I have never spent that much on shoes before... I know pathetic. I also bought an outfit with birthday money from my Mama. It was all fun.

Sunday evening my Mama watched all of the babies and Randy and I went out to dinner with my sister and her husband. We had a great meal and grown up conversation. It was a great birthday.

Whew. Monday I went to Supa Wal-Mart again. this time with my lovely sister. There were no fights. But she bought me make-up for my birthday. Again I am almost ashamed to tell you that I have not worn make-up in a year...at all. She was an angel though and hooked her sister up. So today I wore make-up to work ( and my outfit and my shoes!!!). People were fainting in the aisles. It was cool. After the Wal-Mart trip we put our booties back in the car and drove the two hours home (with song of course.)

And that my friends, was my long weekend.
And these..are my shoes :)


Jenny said...


Amanda said...

Definitely dute!

Hectic weekends back in one's hometown are always tiring but so worth it.

Ms Ded Rdr said...

I like the shoes. Love them with "the passion of a thousand fires" seems a little over the top, but there you go. :)

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday.

CamiKaos said...

those are lovely shoes.