- A brand new book. There is nothing like cracking open a book for the first time...magical.
- The noise of my whole family filling up a room or even a whole building.
- Giving presents to other people. I love it when they love it. It is a circle of love.
- Watching a great movie for a second or third time with someone who has never seen it.
- Watching my kids play together.
- Sitting on a quiet beach and looking out over the water.
- Swimming in a cool quiet lake.
- Learning how to do something new.
- Sitting on the front porch on a cool evening.
- The feel of the skin on Randy's collar bone.
- Knowing that there are people in the world who love me unconditionally.
- Laughing so hard that I can't make a sound.
- Holding my Mamaw's hand.
- Hearing the kids scream "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" when I walk in the door at the end of the day.
- Having my Mama take care of me when I am sick.
- Listening to my Daddy tell a story.
- Listening to my family sing and play music.
- Talking talking talking with my best friends.
- The taste of a soft creamy perfect dessert.
- The way Randy looks at me.
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
The Things That Make Me Feel Good
So, last week I spit venom and bile all over the place with my ten things that irritate me post. Even if you couldn't feel the bile, believe me it was there. I was in a hideous mood. Shortly after I posted that I had said that I was going to do another post this week on the things that I love. At that point I forgot all about it, in grand Serina style. And then yesterday I happened across Bilbo's 10 Things That Irritate Him List and he mentioned the redeeming good list and I was re-inspired. So here, today, as I sit with Hazelnut coffee and new shoes, I am in a much better place than I was last week. I am now ready to give you the things that make me happy, in no particular order: