Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The Things That Make Me Feel Good

So, last week I spit venom and bile all over the place with my ten things that irritate me post. Even if you couldn't feel the bile, believe me it was there. I was in a hideous mood. Shortly after I posted that I had said that I was going to do another post this week on the things that I love. At that point I forgot all about it, in grand Serina style. And then yesterday I happened across Bilbo's 10 Things That Irritate Him List and he mentioned the redeeming good list and I was re-inspired. So here, today, as I sit with Hazelnut coffee and new shoes, I am in a much better place than I was last week. I am now ready to give you the things that make me happy, in no particular order:
  1. A brand new book. There is nothing like cracking open a book for the first time...magical.
  2. The noise of my whole family filling up a room or even a whole building.
  3. Giving presents to other people. I love it when they love it. It is a circle of love.
  4. Watching a great movie for a second or third time with someone who has never seen it.
  5. Watching my kids play together.
  6. Sitting on a quiet beach and looking out over the water.
  7. Swimming in a cool quiet lake.
  8. Learning how to do something new.
  9. Sitting on the front porch on a cool evening.
  10. The feel of the skin on Randy's collar bone.
  11. Knowing that there are people in the world who love me unconditionally.
  12. Laughing so hard that I can't make a sound.
  13. Holding my Mamaw's hand.
  14. Hearing the kids scream "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" when I walk in the door at the end of the day.
  15. Having my Mama take care of me when I am sick.
  16. Listening to my Daddy tell a story.
  17. Listening to my family sing and play music.
  18. Talking talking talking with my best friends.
  19. The taste of a soft creamy perfect dessert.
  20. The way Randy looks at me.

5 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

An excellent list, Serina. A new book is always good to open.

Bilbo said...

Serina, we understand each other! Best wishes to you and Randy and your family. Bilbo.

Amanda said...

I like laughing till there isn't any sound too!
Btw, I'll be on the lookout for the books you recommended. Thanks!

John A Hill said...

Serina,
Great list. I feel better, too!

Annette Lyon said...

This brought tears to my eyes. Great list.