Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Interview With A Stay at Home Dad

Welcome to another interview hosted by Laughter, Love, and Madness. Today we will be talking to Randy. Randy, who is mostly known as Daddy around these parts, is a 5'4", dark haired, green eyed male who happens to be married to a 6' tall bossy woman, whom he refers to as Sweety. We cornered Randy in the bedroom as he was just settling down to play a video game on his new computer. He did not seem overly eager to be interviewed, but those of us here at Laughter, Love, and Madness do not know how to take no for an answer. It could actually be our slogan, " Hell no, we won't take no for an answer!"

Interviewer: So Randy, what is the best part about being a stay at home Dad?
Randy: I can play with the kids whenever I want to.

Interviewer: What would you say is the most challenging aspect of it?
Randy: The most challenging..trying to get two children under the age of five to hear the words coming out of my mouth. Also, equally distributing my attention between them. If one is getting attention, the other acts as if they have been neglected for years. It is very dramatic.

Interviewer: If you could go back in time, to the day that you first suggested to your wife that you could stay home with the kids, would you change anything?
Randy: No..no.

Interviewer: Why?
Randy: I've experienced a lot of stuff that I wouldn't trade for anything. Princess H has never had to stay with a babysitter. All of her memories are of me. And I got to spend a lot of time with Super Z before he started school. I wouldn't trade that.

Interviewer: How do you think being a stay at home Dad has affected your marriage?
Randy: At some times it was stressful. But if you look at the big picture, we have a lot more time together this way. We are also able to plan more activities. We only have to work around one schedule.

Interviewer: Do you feel like your wife appreciates what you do?
Randy: Of course I do.

Interviewer: In what way does she show you her appreciation?
Randy: She keeps coming home everyday. haha..hmmm, she makes a point to compliment the little things that I do around the house. She notices everything.

Interviewer: Does she ever give you a hard time about the things that you don't do?
Randy: Yes, she does.

Interviewer: How does that make you feel?
Randy: Haha. Fifth Amendment.

Interviewer: So I see that you are a lot shorter than your wife. How has that been for you guys?
Randy: What? What are you talking about? It is pretty ordinary. People notice it a lot. But other than that it isn't a big deal. It feels normal to me.

Interviewer: So tell me, what is your favorite thing about your wife?
Randy: There are too many to list.

Interviewer: Come on, give us something...
Randy: Hmm...my favorite thing about my wife...uh....there are many....Ok. She never gives me hell about my picky food habits.

Interviewer: Wow. You are a romantic.
Randy: THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN DELETED FOR PERSONAL REASONS

Interviewer: I am not printing that, sir. (Blushes) So, uh, Randy, in closing sum up your views on life at your house.
Randy: We are an odd happy bunch. What exactly do you want me to say?

Interviewer: What are we all about as a family?
Randy: Define all about.

Interviewer: Hisss.....
Randy: What do you mean? We are us.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Excellent interview! Randy sounds like such a great dad. I know my husband is dying to be a SAHD but I enjoy being a SAHM too much at the moment. Its a good thing for ever father to experience.

CdS said...

Great interview! I think he is a keeper. Where can we find the uncensored version of this interview?? lol

Anonymous said...

Love this interview! So glad that there's at leas ONE man in the world who understands the "trying to get two children under the age of five to hear the words coming out of my mouth." AND "distributing my attention between them. If one is getting attention, the other acts as if they have been neglected for years." Well put and so true!! :) He definitely sounds like a keeper... on of the good ones!

Gunfighter said...

A good interview (laughing)

Annie said...

Great interview. Now Serinahope, please come over to my house and tell my husband how to notice the stuff I do about this house!