Friday, September 21, 2007

Those That I Love

Haiku Friday

My theme this week is People I Love.
These haiku are about various folks, some obvious, some maybe not so much.

My hand on her foot,
her head lying on my chest,
she is my treasure.
**
His laugh is so loud
Others stop to look at this
boy who fills my heart.
**
Sunlight filters through
leaves dancing in the soft breeze.
Children run and play.
**
His hand on my face,
silence covers our whole world.
There is no one else.
**
When I talk to her,
I can be all of myself.
She is my best friend.
**
When they are first born
Your heart grows, just like the Grinch.
They make me better.
**
Her voice is music.
I could listen forever.
Tell me your stories.
**
There are many days
when she is the only one,
make me laugh sea cow.
**
He used to seem tall
standing in the door laughing,
Setting my standard.
**
With the slightest look
she can bring the walls crashing
And the tears fall down.
**
Her hands are like mine,
Only much older and stained
by the sands of time.
**
Her hands are like mine,
Only much smoother and bright
The future is hers.
**
When he sings I melt
The history of my life
Runs into my shoes.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Serina, those are really beautiful! You are quite talented!

OhTheJoys said...

Those are great!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed those. You went all deep and serious today.

I still talked about poop.

I'm nothing if not predictable!

Secret Agent Mama said...

Oh no, YOU are the artiste! Love it and love the blog.. gonna have a look-see and then stick around! Hope you do the same. :)

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

wow, these are truly beautiful serina! you are so talented!! I am so not worthy!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Wonderful haiku poetry, Serina. I bought a calendar for 2008 of Japanese art with a haiku on each month.

Annie said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow. You did such a good job, I might retire from writing about excrement and try my hand at something worthwhile & profound.

Amanda said...

I really enjoyed reading this.