Thursday, September 27, 2007

Haiku Friday

Man, I really feel like I am slacking on the real posts this week. But I know that you guys understand, right? I work in the accounting business and that means that the last week of the month (every single month) is a crazy stressed out trip. I promise, next week I will be able to slow down the pace and pay a little more attention to you guys. Maybe I will do a meme that I was tagged for, post about choosing a Religion, and pass on a few awards that I have gotten. How does all of that sound? Great! I will do my best.
So now, on to Haiku Friday. I have to admit that this is my favorite of all the group assignments. I love the haiku. They bring me peace and a harmonic sense of balance. My theme this week is Things that make me happy. (Note the family in haiku 2 is a southern family...mine to be exact, so it is pronounced famly.
The grass underfoot
is full and thick and perfect,
a perfect picnic.
***
Family fills the room
Voices and music echo
all throughout my heart.
***
Do it again, Mom!
Throw me higher and higher!
His smile makes me whole.
***
The conversation,
begins every morning.
The story of us.
***
The funniest joke,
laughing so hard that the tea
comes out of my nose.
***
Tickling baby toes,
hearing musical laughter,
how big can she smile?
***
Tell me your stories,
the cadence flows like water
sands of time fall back.
***
A perfect fall breeze
on a perfect sunny day,
everyone is there.

10 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Seriousy Serina, you should consider journalism over accounting! Love 'em!

Special K ~Toni said...

Very good! Have a good end of the month!

Anonymous said...

The best of the best
I look forward to your poem
You have MUCH talent!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

A beautiful poem, Serina.

Unknown said...

I love how your poetry flows. Only you would think of something so expressive like cadence. Beautiful. Me = poop. You = sweet. Maybe why I love you.

Patois42 said...

That "conversation beginning every morning" ku? Dead on. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Your haikus are always so good.

Mine? Silly poop. About poop.

Natalie said...

Love the Haiku. I don't work in the accounting business, but I do hear from them a lot towards the end of the month while they are trying to reconcile funds received from our service. I feel really bad for them and would not want to be in those shoes!

Unknown said...

WOW! you have talent girl!!!

Unknown said...

Blame Blue Momma, but I just tagged you. I hope you haven't been hit too much lately?