Monday, November 24, 2008
My answer is so boring. reading is my escape. When I read nothing else exists, no sound can pierce my solace. Just ask Randy. He LOVES that about me. haha
12. What one trait would you bestow upon the world if you could and why?
Tolerance. So many bad things happen in the world everyday. I imagine that a bit of tolerance might be a step in the right direction
13. If you are not already doing it, what would be your epitome of the perfect career?
Reading and writing. Preferably something interesting :)
I like my job though. I like the days that I get to use my brain the most. I love solving problems. I am a huge problem solving geek.
14. Invisibility, teleporting (a la' the movie "Jumper"), telekenesis, pyrokenesis, or psychic/foretelling abilities -- which one of these powers would you prefer?
Teleporting! God, I hate driving. I hate traveling in the car. Sigh. If my family could teleport we could see family whenever we wanted. You couldn't ask for a better power than that.
15. Do you think a movie could be made of your life? Which actor would you like to play you? You can also do the same for, oh let's say, 5 other key people in your life.
A VERY boring movie could be made of my life. :) I would have Donna from that 70s show play me. She would need a fat suit at the beginning of the movie, but hopefully not by the end. Dave Mathews (although not an actor) would play Randy. Goldie Hawn could play my Mom and Bruce Springstein my Dad. lol How cool would that be?
I would have to say New Orleans in the 1920s. I think that would be very cool. It might also be a little stinky. I don't think that hygiene was all that it is now in the 20s.7. What are your top three pet peeves?
People who assume the worst about others, whining, bad drivers, rudeness, dogs who don't come when you call them, passive aggressiveness, when people say I am "skinny" (!!!WTH) because I am in the middle of a massive weight loss, when Randy calls watching the kids a favor8. What is your Sunday morning wardrobe? Routine?
I usually sleep in on Sundays. If I am at home I will have my pajamas on until about 2 or 3. On Saturdays I try to get dressed and do something. On Sundays I try to do as little as possible. Sundays usually include books, kids, naps, and a good dinner.
9. Your obituary is being written but is limited to describing you in three ways. What three things would you most like to be remembered for?I would like to be remembered as a great mother, friend, and wife. Wow. 3 is not enough!!
10. I often think it's interesting to imagine how a person grew up, what they were like when they were younger, what they experienced, etc. Who -- living or dead, younger or older -- would you have liked to grow up with/been friends with/been able to observe, etc.? If you're particularly impressed with this question, you can list two people.
I think I would choose my Mom. I know that is a pretty lame answer, but I would love to have grown up with her. She is a lot of fun. I thing being a kid with her would have been a hoot.
My second choice would be Elizabeth I. What an awesome time to be in. And she is such an intriguing woman. I think that would be awesome.
1. If you could only take ONE thing with you on a deserted island, what would it be?
My family would be my gut response to this...but then what if there was no food?? I would have killed my entire family just so I wouldn't be lonely. But surely there would be food...right? If my family doesn't actually count as ONE thing then I guess I would say a Swiss Army Knife.
2. What is your favorite color and how do you think it characterizes you?
My favorite color is deep blue. The color of blue glass. I guess that this color suits me because it is deep without being too dark. Does that make any sense at all? good.
3. What four traits (e.g. courage) would you most like to instill in your kids?
This is a great question. I have so many dreams of who these little hellions will become. They are my favorite work in progress. I guess that if I had to pick four traits they would be self reliance, a positive outlook, great self esteem, and great ambition.
4. What movie do you think had the best scene/ending? How about the saddest and/or worst scene or ending?
I think that Return of the Jedi had the best ending. Everyone was so happy. The fireworks were going off. The Ewoks were dancing ( you can't beat dancing Ewoks). The ghost jedi were all glowing and smiley. The whole universe was celebrating. That is just the best.
The worst ending was on this awful movie that Randy and I suffered through a couple of weeks ago. It was called Funny Games. He likes horror movies an I tried to pick one out for him. Needless to say, I failed miserably.
5. How do you define "sexy"?
Hmm. Interesting. Sexy is something that is attractive in an edgy sort of way. A good looking man is not necessarily sexy. But a good looking man with a dangerous look in his eyes...that is sexy.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
But anyway...YAY SUPER Z!!!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Things I like:
- Sitting beside fires
- egg rolls
- Acorn Squash cooked by Leigh
- Princess H's kisses
- Real grape popsicles
- Johnny Cash
- PF Chang's
- Dinner with grownups
- Wine with friends
- Blue glass
- Fresh watermelon
- Fresh tomatoes
- Fishing in the dark
- Sand between my toes
- Candy corn
- The sound of Zane's voice
- Chocolate chip cookie dough
- Vodka and cranberry juice
- Paint It Black
- Guitar Hero
- Wii Tennis
- Going to the movies
- Talking to my people
- Sleeping late
- Apple Heads
- Sitting on thick grass
- Days by the lake
- Nights by the lake
- My Mom kissing me on the forehead
- Star filled skies
- Stephen King
- Harry Potter
- Bad boys
- Loud music
- The B-52s
- Fall weather
- Shopping for my kids
- My husband
- Leather seats
- Friendly dogs
- My yard
- My house
- My carport
- My driveway
- My mailbox (lol I could go on and on)
- Angelina Jolie
- People who think for themselves
- Watching my kids learn
- My family
- My friends
- People who are real
- Cooking omelets
- Statistics (30% of all people love statistics)
- Thin socks
- Foods with 0 points
- Turkey dipped in ranch dressing
- My Mamaw's hands
- Going home
- Solving problems
- Long hot baths
- Blowing bubbles with the kids
- Hard wood floors
- The smell of burning leaves
- Coffee when I am cold
- Diet Pepsi
- BC Powder
- Honey Smacks
- 94% Fat Free Butter popcorn
- Laughing so hard it hurts
- My niece
- Being a Mama
- Dates with my husband
- Cotton candy
- Dark hair
- Old oak trees filled with moss
- Bee Gees
- The Goonies
- French braided hair
- The smell of the library
- Roasting marshmallows
- My pillow
- Accomplishing a lot in a little bit of time
- Cheese and crackers
- Driving fast on curvy roads
- Being Santa Clause
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
"Look Mom! The is the sight word me!"
"Look Mom! I see the!"
"The sight word it is in the middle of that word, Mom. C-I-T-Y. Do you see it?"
He is also starting to sound out a few things. He seems to do his best when I am not pressuring him. "Come on , baby. You can do it. What sound does S make?," gets me nowhere some nights.
While just riding down the road I will hear from the backseat, "zooooooooooonneeee. Zoooonnee. Mom, does Z-O-N-E spell zone?"
I am so proud and so excited. It is amazing to me how quickly things seem to be clicking together in his brain. His wondermous magical brain.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
We had her party at the park and apart from being a tad bit chilly, it was a great party. I mean I didn't actually get to sit down or visit anyone, but everyone seemed to be having a pleasant time :)
The best thing was that as Princess H opened her presents, she either kissed or put on every one of them. I love having children who appreciate gifts. It makes me think I am doing at least one thing right.
I lied. I did get to sit down while we opened presents. I love opening gifts with my babies. It is one of the bonuses that comes with being the Mama.
By the end of presents Princess H looked like a bag lady. She was wearing the new hat and jacket along with a new fairy skirt over her pants and her new blingy bag. How cute is she?
Monday, November 3, 2008
I hope I will get to see her again soon. So what do you think, Beck? When are you coming to see my house????