Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Halloween Edition


1) Princess H was supposed to be a Princess for Halloween. She wore the costume at her birthday party. It was really cute. She was fine with it. She had absolutely NO PROBLEM with being a Princess.

2) Last year Super Z was Super Man. This year he was the Flash. As we were getting the Princess and the Flash dressed, the Princess rebelled. " This just isn't right!," she thought to herself. " He always gets to be super! I want to be super too!" This wasn't actually said in words though. It was expressed through screaming and crying and ripping off of the Princess costume. It was expressed through head banging and cape finding. It was a lovely moment.

3) Princess H ended up going Trick Or Treating as Sumina Man Girl with a Princess Wand.

4) Actually Randy ended up carrying Sumina Man Girl with a Princess Wand everywhere, as befits a super of her station.
5) I mean, come on people! She has a Princess wand...that glows. How cool is that?
6) The Flash ran everywhere. Randy, Jesus, and I just did our best to keep up and keep him from being killed. I mean he is the Flash. He is very very fast.

7) We weren't able to keep him perfectly safe though. The Flash did take a big nose dive flying trip over this here curb. He broke his bucket. He hurt his toe. He scraped his knee. But did that stop the Flash? Oh no. He is a super.
8) We got out bearings, took in our surroundings, thought about how very large our neighborhood is, licked our wounds and kept on trucking ( for what seemed like forever.)
9) The Flash and Sumina Man Girl with a Princess Wand were the cutest kids around. It was no contest really. I mean, look at this cuteness.
10) The Flash impressed everyone (including Sumina Man Girl with a Princess Wand) with his giant muscles. And yes, those giant muscles allowed him to carry his own bucket the WHOLE WAY for the first time ever.
11) Super Z picked our pumpkin this year on his class trip. It was HIS pumpkin. It was not OUR pumpkin. It was HIS.
12) Because it was HIS Pumpkin he drew the face on it. He did a great job, I hope you can see this. Randy cut out the face. That was the only interaction that us mere mortals were allowed to have with Z's pumpkin. As you can see the drawing was very elaborate, so he wasn't able to get it exactly like Z wanted it, but I think it turned out pretty good.
13) When we got home and Zane stripped, Princess H transformed from Sumina Man Girl with a Princess Wand to Sumina Man Girl Flash with CANDY TO EAT!!!! Now I get to figure out how to keep the Candy Monster out of said candy. I hope you all had a great Halloween.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun times. Happy halloween to you all. I hope the sugar high doesn't last too long... :)

Anonymous said...

I love it that she wanted to be a superhero (AND a princess). Those pictures are SO CUTE. Good luck getting the candy away from them...I don't think you'll be able to get the candy away from them...

We have got some GORGEOUS photos to share too.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh I love it how the princess wanted power (superwoman costume) over beauty (princess costume).

I think you have one VERY intelligent little girl Serina! Cute shots. :)

Unknown said...

Whoo hoo Princess H! Bucking the girly things already! It's Rosie the Riveter at 2!~

Anonymous said...

I had the same idea for my TT!! Look for mine tomorrow, mid morning!!

Great day, looks like, for sure.. :D

Anonymous said...

such cute halloween photos! thanks for sharing!

happy thursday!

Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

A princess rebellion! Love the wand as an accessories.

As for Flash -- amazing how speedy the little critters are, no?

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Ah the joys of trick or treating. Been a few years since I took a child wandering the neighborhood. This year I handed out treats to some mighty frightening trick or treators.

Raggedy said...

They are sooooooooooo cute!!!!
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

John A Hill said...

A friend of mine allows his kids to trade a large portion of their candy for a new toy. This allows them to keep some of their candy, most of their teeth, and get a new toy. It also allows the parents to keep some of their sanity and feel like they've protected their kids from the evils of too much sugar.

If you're wondering what happens to all of the candy, I'm betting that it will end up on the breakroom table here at work!

Lotus (Sarcastic Mom) said...

They.are.so.cute!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. Nice to see The Flash has not been forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. No whining like at my house.

No, not Punkin. Me.

You are my first TT for this week! After all of those cute pics I just don't know if the rest will be able to measure up!

Bilbo said...

Great story!! Watch out for glowing wands!

Santa's Elf said...

It looks like your kids had a spooktacular time! Happy TT!

Amanda said...

It looks like so much fun. They both looked so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey..I love the 1st picture..

Bren said...

Looks like everyone had a great time and your kids are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great Thursday post! I just posted my Thursday! Three in one!

WOO HOO!

DEB

Unknown said...

I'm with you on this one! They are even cuter than any of the kids I saw in my town!

Gretchen said...

Sounds like it was a good Halloween even with the costume scuffle.. and speedy getaways!

I say... eat the candy! That'll keep it away from the kids! :) I'm so TRYING To stay away from our loot... not the easiest thing, I might just let them have at it! :)

Anonymous said...

Priceless ... you are blessed.