Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Sick of Hell

So Sunday night, I am sitting at my computer minding my own business. I was actually putting together my Fun Monday post, so that I could post it first thing Monday morning ( which DID NOT happen). All of a sudden I just began to ache. I told Randy that I was dying as I crawled into the bed.
He asked me if my chest hurt. Apparently, in order to die, your chest must hurt. I said no and then started to tremble and shake as if I were outdoors naked in a snowstorm. I am telling you, I was chilled down to my bones. Four blankets, a hot bath, my husband...nothing could warm me up. Shortly after that the nausea started.
I am telling you. This was the virus from hell. I was up until 5 am freezing and dying. Finally, Randy gave me NyQuil (because I was keeping him awake.) And then, Praise the Lord...sleep came.
I rested up yesterday. I slept until one and then read most of Middelsex. (I am slowly putting a dent in my Fall into Reading list. Slowly...very slowly. 1 1/2 down, 3 1/2 to go.) So today I am back at work. Yay.
Now, I am just hoping and praying that the kids don't get it. Or God forbid Randy gets it. Then I would go nuts...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I threaten to move out everytime my husband gets sick! Hope everyone else in your house stays well and glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Punkin woke up with a poop at 1:30 and then puking at about 4:00. I thought he was over it as he has been fine since Sunday morning.

I'm just waiting on me and Hubby to get it.

Hope you are feeling better now!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I swear everyone in the blogosphere is sick lately. Sending healthy virtual vibes your way Serina ...

Unknown said...

Yuck. I hope Randy doesn't get it..for your sanity's sake. Sick hubbys? Are no fun. I hope you are back to the land of the living. And, I still haven't opened a single one of my books. You are far ahead of me!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You need ton get an isolation room for the sick person to go in.

Kerith Collins said...

hey...i just had that...me and my son were out of commision all last week...and now my twins and daughter have and it is nasty!

Amanda said...

wow! i'm all the way in the indonesian part of the blogosphere and i was down with something today. its REALLY contagious!

Bilbo said...

I just read Amanda's blog about being sick ... now You're sick ... three of my four grandchildren are sick ... and I'm covered with hives from head to foot and scratching like an ape from the deepest jungle. I'm starting to think things can spread via the Internet...ugh! Hope you feel better soon. Healthy bloggers are better bloggers. Bilbo.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better, so sad you had to go through that strange sickness! Here's to hoping no one else in your house/family gets it, especially Randy! I gotta run now... I'm in fear I might catch whatever is spreading! ;P

Sleeping Beauty said...

You know, I have gotten these same symptoms probably 10 times in the last 1 and a half. I dont know what is going on?????? But I know how crappy that feels. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!! But then I feel bad when my hubby gets it, I tell him to shake it off. What? He is the man? LOL I had all the babies! I dont deserve to get sick! lol