Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Thursday Thirteen


The subject of my Thursday Thirteen this week is near and dear to my heart. I love movies. I especially love movies that are so good that I can watch them 800 more times and still love them. I adore watching a movie that I love with someone that has never seen it before. I swear watching their reactions makes the movie new to me again. I have forced many people to watch many movies throughout the years, all so that I could feel the rush of first time viewing again. I admit it, I used those people up ( and will continue to do so at every opportunity). Would you like to come over and watch one of my favorite movies that you've never seen? I would be glad to use you up too. I give you 13 movies that have been my favorite movie at some point in my life ( I am fickle, I like to change my favorites up on a pretty regular basis.) I have also gone the extra mile of including how old I was when each movie was my favorite. You may notice that Leo and Brad Pitt are in a lot of these movies, it means nothing. I would never have liked a movie just because a hot guy was in it... Well, there was Rudy in Monster Squad. I did love him...
Thirteen Movies That Have Been My Favorites
  1. Goonies (9)
  2. Stand By Me (10)
  3. The Monster Squad (11)
  4. Young Guns (12)
  5. Heathers (13)
  6. The Thing Called Love (17)
  7. The Basketball Diaries (18)
  8. Legends of the Fall (19)
  9. Sleepers (20)
  10. Titanic (21)
  11. Fight Club (23)
  12. Walk The Line (29)
  13. The Departed (30)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I love "Legends of the Fall" and always try to watch it if I find it on. And, yes, you can borrow my idea! *smiles* Thanks for stopping by..have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love "Legends of the Fall" and always try to watch it if I find it on. And, yes, you can borrow my idea! *smiles* Thanks for stopping by..have a great weekend!

Addicted to crafting said...

I loved loved the departed...

What a cool TT!!! Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you have your family!!!

JUST A MOM said...

Well where do I sign up most of them I have not seen....

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big Leo fan, but Brad Pitt?

Yummm.

Legends of the Fall would be my favorite from your list. Just watched it the other day, but with commercials. I still love it every time!

Mom not Mum (Sandy) said...

Great list I love 1 2 4 8 10 11 and 12.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Thank God SOMEONE else actually enjoyed the Goonies! :) Good list Serina.

Unknown said...

Would you believe I just bought Goonies on DVD? Cause I so did. I love that movie. And Sloth, is the single most unappreciated cool guy to ever appear in a movie.

Legends of the Fall is A-Mazing. Great list.

Moondancer said...

That's a fun list!

http://moondancerdrake.livejournal.com/

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've only seen Titanic on that list!

Special K ~Toni said...

I will ALWAYS love the Goonies! My T13 is up at AF Wife

Unknown said...

CHUNK!!
I can remember exactly who I saw Goonies with the very first time!
GREAT list!!

Alison

Unknown said...

Ok, this was my first Thursday Thirteen and I guess I was a little confused!! I did my 13 on movies too!! Next time I'll definitely do my own thirteen!
DOH!!

Sleeping Beauty said...

Ferris Bueller is one of my all time favs!!!!!! I believed I lived my highschool years by him, "how can I possibly go to school, on a day like this??"

Amanda said...

I love the Goonies! My brother and I still talk about it now....20 years later!

Anonymous said...

.oO I love alot of your flicks!

I can recite many lines from Stand By Me!!!

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

GREAT list. I loved Goonies, Stand By Me and Heathers, too!