Thursday, October 11, 2007

Haiku Friday for Princess H

Haiku Friday


Princess H will be two years old on October 21. I can't believe it. It seems like only yesterday that she was born. It makes me sad that my baby is becoming a big girl. But at the same time, I am so proud of her. She is my little genius. I have been getting a ton of pictures and ideas together to do a tribute for H on the 21st. I am thinking that I am going to do a letter to her. Maybe she will enjoy reading that one day. I sure hope so anyway. I hope she isn't too cool and busy to read a letter that her Mom wrote her on her second birthday.


However, because we are actually having her birthday party this Saturday, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to go ahead and dedicate Haiku Friday to the Princess this week. Happy birthday weekend Princess H!


Princess H


From the first moment,

your new red skin against mine,

you are my flower.

***

The calm and the storm

a fiery mixture of us both

One to rule us all.

***

The perfect dimple

on a sunny little girl.

Yes, this is mischief.

***

Up after midnight,

nursing you in the silence.

My tranquility.

***

The perfect baby,

somehow turned into this girl

who fights like a lion.

***

No one squeals "Mommy!"

quite like my little angel

The stress falls away.

***

You are my daughter.

There is much I must show you.

I learned it from Mom.

***

There are reflections

of all of your grandmothers

Dancing in your eyes.

***

You never slow down,

always chasing after him.

Your brother, your heart.

***

Daddys and daughters.

Can you hear his heart melting?

The Queen of his heart.

***
I thought he loved me.

I was the love of his life.

And then he saw you.

***

The funniest girl.

With the best laugh in the world.

You light up my heart.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy B-day Princess H!! Girls with dimples are the best. And, sounds like you've got a true girly girl with some spunk! And, that she already has Dad wrapped around her finger = TROUBLE.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, this was so beautiful (again) Serina. I love how your little girl sounds like a little firecracker. :)

Anonymous said...

The last one is my favorite! But they are all great. You write so well.

Maybe accounting was the wrong career for you?

Oh, and Happy Birthday Princess!

Anonymous said...

Serina, you are the best at this!!! I love reading your blog and your haikus on Friday. :D

Have a great weekend, bloggy friend!

Honeybell said...

Happy Birthday Princess! These are lovely!

the planet of janet said...

beautiful tribute for your darling girl

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Just beautiful, Serina. A fine dedication to Princess H.

VDog said...

Aw, you're making me tear up!

Great work, Serina. These are the BEST posts.

Lovin' it!

Jennifer said...

I always look forward to your beautiful Haiku, Serina!

My son turns two on the 28th, how is it possible that two years have passed!?

Cathy, Amy and Kristina said...

So very sweetly written. Hard to accept how quickly they grow, no?

My youngest will be 3 in February.

*sigh*

Patois42 said...

That series is beautiful. And there really is nothing like a daddy and his girl. How sweet. I hope he loved these.

Bilbo said...

The Queen of Haiku
This is our Serina Hope
Her poems move us.

Nice job!

Happy Mama to Three said...

Happiest of Birthdays to your little one. What a wonderful tribute to her.

Please come by my blog, there is a sweet little gift for you.

Cindi

JUST A MOM said...

I LOVE 2's they are thecoolest time....

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Awwww.. that was so sweet.