Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Field Trip!!!

I haven't been on a field trip in about 12 years. I loved field trips. I loved having my Mom pack me a special lunch. I loved the excitement and the anticipation. There was nothing like it. No steam boat ride was ever as exciting as the steamboat ride that I took with my kindergarten class. No zoo was ever as interesting as the zoo I visited with my fourth grade science class. Ahhh.. those lovely field trips, the times that you got to ride the bus with your real friends. There is nothing like it.
Tomorrow I have the pleasure of accompanying Super Z on his very first field trip. We are going to visit an operating farm with a pumpkin patch! I am so excited. The anticipation is building up just like it did back in the day. For the rest of his life , this trip will come into his mind when he thinks of pumpkin patches. Well..at least it will if he is a memory elephant like his Mom. We are going to get to pick out our very on pumpkin, visit the animals that live on the farm, and go on a hayride. I will take many pictures and tell you guys all about our adventures tomorrow night.
I just hope that I am as good at packing field trip lunches as my Mom was...maybe I should give her a call.

4 comments:

Cecily R said...

Sooo, how was it? Did it live up to all your expectations?

I love going on field trips with my kids but honestly have to limit it to one a year. If I go too often my kids tend to hover around me and forget about participating in the activity itself. I do love going though!

Amanda said...

Hi. Any photos from your trip? I'd love to see a photo of a pumpkin patch :)

Its still years away but I can't wait till Aaron goes to school! It sounds like fun for the parents too.

Unknown said...

That is so fun! So Randy got to bond with Z over the weekend, but you get to REALLY bond with him over pumpkins. I can't wait to see how cute these pictures are!

Unknown said...

I loved going on field trips with my kids! Hope you guys had a great time.