Monday, November 12, 2007

A Resurected Book Meme

I am finding inspirations for NaBloPoMoFo all over the place. My inspiration for this posts came from Blue Momma's archives. Sounds kinda kinky doesn't it?
Well I LOVE books. I LOOOOVVVVEEEE them. They are some of my very favorite things, so I fell in love with this meme instantly.
Feel free to make this meme your own if you are a book lover like me. I don't mind being your inspiration at all.
I have read 55 of the 100 books here. I am currently reading 2 others. I want to read 11 more. The others i haven't heard of or am just not interested in reading. I am going to look up the ones that I haven't heard of. Who knows? I may have to add them to my list.

This is pretty simple. From the list below:
-Bold the ones you’ve read
-Italicize the ones you want to read
-leave the ones you aren't interested in as they are.

1.The Da Vinci Code (Dan Brown)
2.Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
3.To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
4. Gone With The Wind (Margaret Mitchell)
5. The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Tolkien)
6. The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (Tolkien)
7. The Lord of the Rings: Two Towers (Tolkien)
8. Anne of Green Gables (L.M. Montgomery)
9. Outlander (Diana Gabaldon) (I am reading this right now.)
10.A Fine Balance (Rohinton Mistry)
11.Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Rowling)
12.Angels and Demons (Dan Brown)
13.Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Rowling)
14. A Prayer for Owen Meany (John Irving)
15. Memoirs of a Geisha (Arthur Golden)
16.Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (Rowling)
17. Fall on Your Knees(Ann-Marie MacDonald)
18. The Stand (Stephen King) --- I read this 13 times when I was in the twelfth grade. I loved it.
19. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban(Rowling)
20. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte)
21. The Hobbit (Tolkien)
22. The Catcher in the Rye (J.D. Salinger)---Oh the memories of my high school term paper. If I have another son, I think I'll name him Holden. Although Holden was a messed up kid.
23. Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)
24. The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold)
25. Life of Pi (Yann Martel)
26. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
27. Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte)
28. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (C. S. Lewis)
29. East of Eden (John Steinbeck)
30. Tuesdays with Morrie(Mitch Albom)
31. Dune (Frank Herbert)
32. The Notebook (Nicholas Sparks)
33. Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand)
34. 1984 (Orwell)
35. The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley)
36. The Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett)
37. The Power of One (Bryce Courtenay)
38. I Know This Much is True(Wally Lamb)
39. The Red Tent (Anita Diamant)
40. The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho)
41. The Clan of the Cave Bear (Jean M. Auel)
42. The Kite Runner (Khaled Hosseini)
43. Confessions of a Shopaholic (Sophie Kinsella)
44. The Five People You Meet In Heaven (Mitch Albom)
45. Bible - I have read a lot of it. When I was in Jr High I tried to read it all. I forget how far I got.
46. Anna Karenina (Tolstoy)
47. The Count of Monte Cristo (Alexandre Dumas)
48. Angela’s Ashes (Frank McCourt)
49. The Grapes of Wrath (John Steinbeck)
50. She’s Come Undone (Wally Lamb) - Love it
51. The Poisonwood Bible (Barbara Kingsolver)---Didn't like it
52. A Tale of Two Cities (Dickens)
53. Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card)
54. Great Expectations (Dickens)
55. The Great Gatsby (Fitzgerald)---Several times.
56. The Stone Angel (Margaret Laurence)
57. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Rowling)
58. The Thorn Birds (Colleen McCullough)
59. The Handmaid’s Tale (Margaret Atwood)
60. The Time Traveller’s Wife (Audrew Niffenegger)---Currently reading
61. Crime and Punishment (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
62. The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)
63. War and Peace (Tolsoy)
64. Interview With The Vampire (Anne Rice)
65. Fifth Business (Robertson Davis)
66. One Hundred Years Of Solitude (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
67. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (Ann Brashares)
68. Catch-22 (Joseph Heller)
69. Les Miserables (Hugo)
70. The Little Prince (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
71. Bridget Jones’ Diary (Fielding)
72. Love in the Time of Cholera (Marquez)
73. Shogun (James Clavell)
74. The English Patient (Michael Ondaatje)
75. The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
76. The Summer Tree (Guy Gavriel Kay)
77. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith)-----I LOVED this book when I was 11.
78. The World According To Garp (John Irving)
79. The Diviners (Margaret Laurence)
80. Charlotte’s Web (E.B. White)
81. Not Wanted On The Voyage (Timothy Findley)
82. Of Mice And Men (Steinbeck)
83. Rebecca (Daphne DuMaurier)
84. Wizard’s First Rule (Terry Goodkind)
85. Emma (Jane Austen)
86. Watership Down(Richard Adams)
87. Brave New World (Aldous Huxley)
88. The Stone Diaries (Carol Shields)
89. Blindness (Jose Saramago)
90. Kane and Abel (Jeffrey Archer)
91. In The Skin Of A Lion (Ondaatje)
92. Lord of the Flies (Golding)
93. The Good Earth(Pearl S. Buck)
94. The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd)
95. The Bourne Identity (Robert Ludlum)
96. The Outsiders (S.E. Hinton)
97. White Oleander (Janet Fitch)
98. A Woman of Substance (Barbara Taylor Bradford)
99. The Celestine Prophecy (James Redfield)
100.Ulysses (James Joyce)

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I need to get back into reading. This list will be a great start for me.

You have Memoirs of a Geisha in italics. Its a fantastic book, I really loved it. Don't watch the movie until AFTER you read the book.

Anonymous said...

You didn't italicize Shogun. You should give it a try it is a really good book!

Anonymous said...

Recommend me something good!!

Bren said...

I'd recommend the Mitch Albom books as well.

I just picked up Lovely Bones from the library. I can't it's taken me this long to get it.

Bilbo said...

Interesting list...is it your own, or is it one of the "hundred best books" lists from Time or Modern Library or one of the other guardians of our literary traditions? I'll have to take a closer look at this list, but my first impression is that some of the "classics" (like "Great Expectations") aren't taught in schools so much any more, being written by "dead white guys" instead of more "relevant" authors. Too bad. I'll post my own list in the next few days and we can compare. Perhaps someday our books we write will appear on somebody's list!

Gretchen said...

I so need to get back into reading... I'm so sad that I've let that love go by the wayside since The Kids arrived. I might have to steal this meme... and work towards catching up with you. I think I've read about 35 listed here.

John A Hill said...

You list Clan of the Cave Bear by Auel but not the other 3 books in the series. The Valley of the Horses, The Mammouth Hunters and can't remember the final book. If you liked the first, the others are great, too.

Mar said...

Thank you so much for this list. I have been looking for a comprehensive list of contemporary novels and this seems like a good one! I was shocked to see that I have read 25/100.