Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Crazy Eights

So I was over at Blue Momma's Page the other day and I fell in love with her Crazy Eights Meme, which she did not tag me for, so I tagged myself. Don't worry, I let her know. She deemed me tag 8.1. Because as we all know 8.1 rounds down to 8. At least Blue Momma and I know this, because we work in the accounting field (or once did) and we are smarts like that. And then just as I was about to tag Bren over at Three Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, I saw that she had tagged me for this too!! Yay!!! I love being tagged. So if you are ever sitting around wondering, " Hmmm, who wants to be tagged?" The answer is ME! ME!
So anyway here are my Crazy Eights. Please read Crazy Eights in the voice of the old Price is Right anouncer guy, because that is totally the voice that I am writing it in.

8 things I'm passionate about:

  1. My husband (have you seen those eyes? He is purty cute)
  2. My children
  3. My Family
  4. Reading
  5. Being yourself at all costs
  6. Dirt Cake
  7. Human rights
  8. A tie between Johnny Cash, Angelina Jolie, and this blog

8 Things I want to do before I die:

  1. Be married 65 years
  2. Have great grandchildren
  3. Publish a book
  4. Own a house again(hopefully soon.)
  5. Visit Jim Morison's grave in Paris
  6. Go on a cruise
  7. Spend a week in Italy
  8. Pass on many stories to my children
8 things I say often:

  1. Of course you do.
  2. Randy!!
  3. Stop hitting!
  4. Put your toys in your toy box.
  5. What the crap!?!
  6. Cool.
  7. I love you.
  8. Give me a kiss.

8 Books I’ve read recently (or am still reading):

  1. The Red Tent
  2. Middlesex
  3. Outlander ( Currently reading)
  4. Real Boys
  5. The Time Travelers Wife (Currently reading)
  6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  7. Lisey's Story
  8. The Great Gatsby

8 Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over (And do!)

  1. You Can Call me Al - Paul Simon
  2. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
  3. Living Dead Girl - Rob Zombie (My husband's influence)
  4. Love Shack - The B52s
  5. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
  6. Baby, Now that I've Found You - Alison Krauss
  7. You're Beautiful - James Blunt
  8. I'd Love You to Want Me - Lobo

8 Things that Attract Me to My Best Friends:

  1. They are completely real. No Fake People Allowed!
  2. They get my humor.
  3. They love me regardless of how crappy I can be at keeping in touch sometimes.
  4. When they walk in the room, I feel like we were just together, no matter how long it has been.
  5. The ability to laugh at themselves.
  6. They don't take things too seriously.
  7. I can count on them no matter what.
  8. I don't care if they see my house dirty.

8 People I Think Should Do Crazy Eights: (Do it or don't, just let me know if you do :)

  1. Amanda at The Milk Bar
  2. What Works For Us
  3. Mom Chatter
  4. Just A Mom
  5. Honeybell of The Bell Pages
  6. Dana of Life Turned Upside Down
  7. Secret Agent Mama
  8. Mommy Loves Diamonds

13 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Oh I'll do it!! But be warned - I just read you don't mind being tagged?? WOO HOO!

Beware of the nag and tag my friend. I will be sending some your way this weekend!

:)

Anonymous said...

I'm passionate about Angelina Jolie starting to eat again! Girl looks live Olive Oil these days. She's not so much making me want to switch teams anymore.

And I also made note of the you like to be tagged thing. Be careful what you ask for.....

Unknown said...

OH HOW I LOVE YOU!! Peter Gabriel's In Your Eyes is "our" song & was my favorite before that. Good to know about tags. Did you get the awards from Sat from BM & I??

Unknown said...

Oh, and when you are done with Outlander, please let me know, as I LOVE IT. Interesting to read it with Time Trav's Wife concurrently. I didn't like TTW after O.

Bren said...

I love James Blunt's You're Beautiful! I like him a little less after reading about him and Lindsay Lohan but still...love that song!

JUST A MOM said...

I will copy it and do it tomorrow I have already posted 2 times today. love the pictures,,,

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good meme. Have to admit that I gave up on the Time Traveller's Wife. I just didn't like it.

Momo Fali said...

I love reading about YOU YOU!

Gretchen said...

I so MISS Bob Barker!! :(

Is dirt cake, the pudding stuff? If so, LOVE it!

Making note that you like to be tagged! (I like it, too... but I WON'T admit it... oops!)

I'll get on this... probably won't post it until the weekend though... the BIG 100 is on tap for this week! :)

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing and also tagging me. I'll enjoy doing this one.

Natalie said...

Time Travelers Wife - I remember being confused a lot, but it was good.

And you know I can relate to wanting to own a house!

OhTheJoys said...

I loved The Red Tent and Middlesex.

Unknown said...

Oh, Yay! Thanks for the tag!

I liked James Blunt right up until I read Bren's comment about him and Lindsay Lohan. I also used to like John Mayer up until the whole Simpson escapade. What are these people thinking?