Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fun Monday

Our host this month is Hootin Anni. She has given us a little Mother May I assignment.
- 30 GIANT STEPS - IN ANY direction. You may have to make a few turns and pivots so you won't run into any walls or such...don't want any injuries today! WARNING: Avoid any obstacles in the way- if there's a door...open it & continue, if there is a wall...pivot AROUND it. You may end up outdoors! Or perhaps if a small apartment....down the hallway....who knows?!! :::thinking::: "Oh gawd, if there's a pool at the end of your thirty steps, I sure as H E double L hope you can swim!!!!"After the 30 giant steps, Stop!TAKE A PHOTO AND/OR NOTE WHAT YOU'RE SEEING!! Then, take 15 baby steps back.After the 15 baby steps, Stop!TAKE A PHOTO AND/OR NOTE WHAT YOU'RE SEEING LOOK in any direction -to your right, left, up [more than likely, not down ---that'd be your feet!!]. What you see is what we get!!Stop!It's all about your first glance after the giant/baby steps!!!
Okay, so I did this twice. Once into the outdoors and once on down the hall into the depths of my house.

Mother may I? #1 - THE OUTDOORS

I left my computer and took thirty giant steps out of my bedroom door, across my kitchen, into my living room, out the front door and across the porch (It should be noted that I have REALLY long legs, my giant steps are pretty giant.) I ended up in front of my bushes to the side of my porch. I am not sure what this bush is. It is green in the spring and summer, but in the fall it sheds its leaves and sprouts tiny white flowers. It is very pretty. I don't trim it back. I let it grow and grow, so that it blots out the view of my neighbor's house. I am social like that.
So then I took 15 baby steps back across my porch and ended up backing down the steps where Princess H was sitting. She happened to be the prettiest thing around, so I took a seat and snapped her picture. I hope that the sitting down is okay. I mean she looks so much cuter from the side. The top of her head is nice and all, but not as nice as those pretty blue eyes.

Mother May I? #2 - THE INDOORS

So this time I took my giant steps right on past the front door and down the hall into Super Z's room. I ended up in front of his Ark. His Pappy, my Mom's husband, built this Ark for Super Z while he was still in my belly. This is the reason why my son feels that he is entitled to two of every Beanie Baby. He loves this almost as much as I do.I then took my 15 baby steps back into the hallway. I ended up in front of my shelf. My Mamaw gave me this shelf when I got married. It has been on the wall in every house that I have shared with Randy. It is one of those things that I will keep forever. On this shelf are several of my blue glass pieces that loved ones have given me over the years. I love me some blue glass. The black cat is a gift that my best friend/cousin Becky gave me when we were in the 6th grade. On the middle shelf is a picture of Randy, Super Z and I at Super Z's baptism. On the bottom shelf there is a picture of me and my Mom when I was a baby. What does this shelf say about me? It says that I am sentimental. It says that I like moons. It says hey world, this girl puts together a mean shelf.

27 comments:

the rotten correspondent said...

I have a big collection of blue glass too. I just love it. Unfortunately most of mine is packed away until my kids get more civilized.

I figure another twenty years ought to do it.

Unknown said...

Princess H is a beeyoutee. I love the grosgrain ribbon in her hair. So girly. The ark? Is cool!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

She is SO CUTER! That ark? I've never seen that before, very cool storage.

ChrisB said...

I love your bush and I'm sure your neighbours do as well!

You little princess is very cute and the ark is brilliant what a treasure.

Sentimental is good you should see what is scattered around my home

Amanda said...

Thanks for the glimpse into your home and surroundings.

These FUN MONDAYS look fun. I must try to remember to give it a go next week.

Anonymous said...

That photo of Princess H had me falling on the floor with adorableness! Good idea doing it once inside and once out! Great shots.

Anonymous said...

You know what's funny Serina? Some of my baby steps were the same size as my giant ones (the ones on the staircase). If I had taken GIANT stair steps, I would've broken something, and we can't have that, can we?

Ahhh! Your princess IS precious! I'm sure the top of her head would've been fine, but the picture you posted? Finer than FINE! Nice how you incorporated both of your children into this post, although differently.

Your self is a great way to always make your house feel like "home", no matter where that takes you :).

Anonymous said...

I love this Fun Monday! Awesome to see your abode. :D

Jill said...

i love the ark. how deep is it? do the animals just butt up against the wall or is there a little ledge for their rears?

Serina Hope said...

The ark is about 6 inches deep. Each hole is its own copartment, like a shelf. Does that make sense?

Anonymous said...

Punkin would kill for that ark! Though most of the time he calls his fisher price on his "arctic".

Is that cat on the top shelf a vinegar bottle? If so I have a blue one!

Anonymous said...

That ark is really a great idea for storing stuffed animals! I love it.

Your daughter is a cutie.

Bren said...

Princess H does have the most beautiful eyes!

I love that ark! I just showed my little guy and he asked if he could have one. :)

Tiggerlane said...

I have the blue glass and that sun thing on your bottom shelf - and girl, you DO put together a mean shelf!

Kaytabug said...

That is one beautiful shelf, I love all of the things displayed on it! The ark is way too cool!! I have one blue eyed boy...gotta love those beautiful blue eyes! I'm lovin the beautiful bush too!

Jo Beaufoix said...

Ahhh, Princess H is gorgeous, and I love the ark. We have a cute picture of Noah's Ark in Miss M's room, but yours is even better.
love the blue glass too.

Sandy said...

What a gorgeous eyes that baby has! Thanks for sharing the view of your world.

the planet of janet said...

the ark is fantastic...

and your daughter? adorable.

Anonymous said...

She is a cutie and that Noah's ark with those beanie babies. So THAT's where they go.

Hootin Anni said...

You did excellent! That bush?------I've never heard of anything blooming in the winter after the leaves fall. I bet it's really awesome. Is there a fragrance?

alisonwonderland said...

Princess H is a cutie! and I love that ark - what fun!

Unknown said...

What a great idea to do an inside and an outside version!

Anonymous said...

That is a great tree, we have trees all around us for the same reason. She does have beautiful eyes. That is a great ark. I have some blue glass, given as gifts. I like it too.

bichonpawz said...

Love the blue glass and your daughter is very cute!!

Robin M said...

Princess H is adorable. That ark is neat and I love your shelf. Thank you for sharing.

Robin of mytwoblessings

-Ann said...

For some reason, the only picture I could see was the beanie baby ark. I love it.

Pamela said...

white flowers in fall -Just in time to decorate the little princess!!