Sunday, November 4, 2007

My Son the Photographer

This weekend I discovered, almost accidentaly, that Super Z is a rather talented photographer. We were sitting around in my Mom's backyard and he asked if he could take a few pictures.
I put the strap around his neck and sent him on his way. He turned around with one question, "So, can I take pictures of whatever I want?"
"If you like to look at it then it is probably a good thing to take a picture of," I said.
He smiled with the glow of a million suns and set out on his way.
He took about thirty pictures. Everything from the car, to his pappy, to a tiny plant growing out of the side of a tree.
When he brought my camera back, I was startled to see how good some of his shots were. It was lovely looking at the world through Super Z's eyes, seeing the things that he likes to look at. I decided then and there that I would share his first photos with you all today. What I didn't know, was that my photographer was just getting started.
We got to church a little early this morning because of the time change (yuck) and decided to spend a little time hanging out under the beautiful moss covered oaks. As we sat down, Super Z exclaimed, "Look Mom! It's Heaven's beard everywhere! I have to take a picture."
I was charmed. I fell in love with my little man all over again, much like I do everyday. Heaven's beard. It was just the perfect description. And the fact that he was compelled to take a picture of the trees that I have always loved just filled me with joy. Of course I got him the camera and he went to work. Again, he took about thirty shots.
I wish that I could share them all with you, but I have maintained control. I am just sharing some of my favorites. These are from yesterday and this morning. These are wonderful for a 4 year old, wouldn't you say? ( I even included his self portrait :) )









10 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW! He is good for such a young guy. A budding photographer. Maybe he could be a photoblogger soon! Imagine a blog through a child's eye. How interesting.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, he IS talented. I can't imagine your reaction when you first saw those shots.

"It's Heaven's beard everywhere!" Something tells me this little guy is a genius!

Unknown said...

He does have an amazing talent! Yay for Super Z.

Victoria said...

Amazing! You must be so proud. :)

John A Hill said...

Pass on a well done to the "Z"

Bilbo said...

What a great set of photos for such a young fellow! His eye is good and he frames things well...and he caught such a great expression on Princess's face! Keep encouraging his budding hobby, because I think he has some real talent!!

Unknown said...

It's always fun to see the world through a child's eye. how fun! I'm trying to get my son to start a photoblog. He doesn't want to write but he likes taking photos. :)

Bren said...

Wow, he does have a good eye!

"Heaven's beard" is a perfect description of the moss. Man, do those make me miss Louisiana.

Secret Agent Mama said...

Oh my gosh! Get that boy a camera, he's got the eye!!! :D

Gretchen said...

These are so GOOD! I think it's a toss up for my favorite between the building shot and the shot of his sister! He's definitely got some talent... go Super Z!! :)