Sunday, November 11, 2007

If I Were Rich

Blue Momma, of the Fish Bowl fame, put up a meme about what she would do if she were rich. I am a follower of Blue Momma, so I have taken up the torch.
I was going to save this meme for Tuesday, but I have been thinking about it since I read her post. I figured it would be best to go ahead and get it out of my system.
Let's see...how RICH is rich? These things are important when you are planning. For the sake of this post, let's say I won a million dollars.

What would I do if I won a million dollars?

The first thing that I would do is buy a house. Obviously, I mean I have only been complaining about this constantly lately, right? I think I would buy this house.It is less than $170,000. It has plenty of room and it is in a great school district.There are nice big trees in the yard and a patio off the back. And what is that there on the front? It looks like a porch to me...oh yeah. It is the kind of house that I am aiming for anyway. This one just has four bedrooms instead of three, because the million dollars is making me feel all extravagant. What more do you need? Of course I would have to furnish the house and maybe decorate a tad. I am not a decorator by nature, but I am sure that my sister would insist on overseeing a bit of that kind of thing.
When I was done with that though, the rest of the money would go into savings and investments. That is right, I am cheap deep in my heart. Deep deep in my heart. I would have to grow my money or I would feel like a lunatic.
Another example of my lunacy? I would continue working. That is right, I would just keep on going to work everyday. I would like to think that I wouldn't work overtime anymore, but other than that? No change.
The only trips I would plan would be better family vacations. We would go on nice two week vacations every year. We might even go to places that you have to get to on a plane. I know, extravagant.
Of course there would be a huge party celebrate my good fortune and you would all be invited. And of course I would buy a few very nice gifts this Christmas. I mean it would just be selfish not to, right? But, mainly it would be the house and the savings. How boring is that?
Feel free to pick up this meme if you want. It is nice to dream.
Now I am going to go apply for Deal or No Deal. Come on big money.


Update: I got my blue dot! Thank you Blue Momma. You rock the bowl 100%. You are the original bowl rocker. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
In other news: how cute is this?
I just thought that I would throw this out there for posterity's sake. So that on the days when they are plotting to kill one another and whining, "She bit me.", "He hit me.", "She touched me.", "He hit me.", "She has my car.", "He hit me.", "You do not need to hold her!", "He hit me.", "You were my Mama first!", "He hit me.", that they really do love each other...sometimes.

8 comments:

AndreAnna said...

OMG, 170,000??!?! That looks so nice. You couldn't get a motor home in NJ for that. And I'm being serious.

Our house looks half that size and was more than twice as much. It's sad. It really is.

Momo Fali said...

Not boring at all. I want you to win so I can come to that party!

Anonymous said...

A follower of Blue Momma? As my head swells I am extremely flattered.

My assumption was that I was filty stinkin' rich. Like Bill Gates rich. A girl has to dream, right?

Anonymous said...

Us blue dots have to stick together down here in the way too red south!

At this point I'm leaning back on the loveseat as my head is too big for my neck to hold up without help!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't do anything major with a million dollars. I'd invest a good chunk of it, build a house with enough rooms so that each kid got their own, we had a school room, a super huge kitchen with VIking appliances, and a photography studio with tons of happy little cameras and lenses! LOL

What's a blue dot?

And, I still want to bite your kids! (biting=expression of love, ya know)

Bren said...

That picture of your kids is the sweetest! :)

I've always wanted a house with a porch too...one big enough for a porch swing.

Unknown said...

I think you are very much the accountant with the money. Funny!

And, the picture of the kids being sweet is adorable.

Kat said...

That last pic was just adorable. Definitely a keeper!