Friday, November 16, 2007

My Little Pilgrim Super Star

Today was a big day for Super Z. It was his stage debut. He was a pilgrim in the Thanksgiving program. If I may say so myself, he was the cutest pilgrim in the Thanksgiving program.
The day was even more special because his Mimi came to watch him shine. I think he introduced everybody there to, "My Mimi."
Mrs. Lee told us that as they were practicing this morning he kept asking her where we were. He told her over and over that his parents were supposed to come watch. She kept telling him that we would be there soon. He finally fell pray to his nerves. His stomach began to ache. He got a little whiny. He was very worried. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE.
The show started with the children filing into the auditorium. Everything was going smoothly until halfway through the Pilgrims the children stopped filing in. I heard giggling from the back. I looked over the crowd to see my son holding up the line. he was stopping at every isle to look for us. The little boy directly behind him looked ready to kill him. And my baby? He looked like this...
After he finally spotted us he smiled and made his way onto the platform. Tragedy was avoided. We had done as we were supposed to do. We had come to watch him.
All of the little Indians and pilgrims filled up the stage. They sang their songs and gave shout outs to their fans. "HEY! That's my Mom! Hey Mom!!" It was very cute. My favorite part was watching my pilgrim sing a song about pumpkin pie. He really got into it. I have been wondering for weeks why he kept asking me to make pumpkin pie. Now I know.
Just in case you are wondering, the cutest pilgrim is the fifth one from the right.
The most challenging part of the program was the chick in the picture above. She apparently has the attention span of a...well, of a two year old. She desperately wanted to climb all over everything, say hello to everyone in the room, and style the hair of the woman sitting in front of us, a woman who was the unfriendly sort, who didn't even smile at my little hairdresser.
All in all it was a lovely program. I couldn't have been impressed by the cute pilgrim. I got to lay out of work for the day. My Mom came to visit. There was much to be Thankful for.

12 comments:

Amanda said...

LOL! This post had me laughing out loud. I can just imagine the little pilgrim stopping at each row and doing a quick scan the way little children do.

Pamela said...

I'm trying to picture that little pilgrim pinching booty

Bilbo said...

Brings back memories of watching my own children in their school events! I love the picture and description of Princess H...taking a two-year old to anything and expecting her to sit still is wishing for a miracle!

I'm reminded of one of the funniest cartoons I ever saw: it was from a Navy magazine, and showed a grizzled old petty officer and a smooth-faced young sailor on the deck of a missile submarine. A hatch was open to reveal the missile inside, and the young sailor was recoiling in horror as the older man pointed at the missile and said, "This is the most terrible weapon in the arsenal. It has all the destructive power of an unsupervised two-year old!"

Only a parent can understand.

Kate said...

Lovely pictures. You must have been so proud. are you pleased it's over now though?

Unknown said...

It always amazes me how kids can find their parents in a crowded auditorium yet they can look right through you when you are in the same room at home!

Cute pictures. I am really starting to miss all of the little programs and plays for the holidays now that my kids are older.

Bren said...

Aw, Super Z is the cutest pilgrim! I was laughing at the "chick" that made the program challenging for you. I've beent here with my little guy.

1 plus twins said...

stopped by thru just a mom!! great post!! he is the cutest of them all!! i can't believe that lady didn't realize how fortunate she was to have that little chicky doing her hair!!! lol

KellytheCulinarian said...

Awww, I remember those days! In kindergarten, we earned "feathers" in color-coded construction paper for different tasks. I never got one of them because I couldn't tie my shoes! I'm sure they're not allowed to do things like that anymore, it's not politically correct or whatever.

Unknown said...

Yay darling pilgrim! He's too sweet. And, Princess styling the bitchy woman's hair? Great. How can you not like a kid doing your hair, if you are obviously in a parent watching a play? Witch.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Super Z is so freaking sweet (again, with those eyes)! The cutest pilgram EVAH!

Victoria said...

Cute! My most favorite school costumey play kinda thing was when we did pilgrims.

Super Z looks darling!

JUST A MOM said...

how sweet they aer hard to sit through ya now.... enjoy your free time.