Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stress Causes Pimples

So stress apparently makes me break out like I did in the seventh grade. Thankfully, it doesn't make me wear high waters or poof my bangs....that might be too much to handle. I am not sure if even the level of popularity that I have attained at 32 years of age could withstand such madness.

Stress also makes me stare at uninteresting things like doorknobs and frayed threads for way longer than necessary.

I am ready for stress to leave my life. I want no good stress, no bad stress, no personal stress, no stress that causes pimples, no stress that makes me stare, no stress that makes me itch and scratch like a madwoman, no life stress, no family stress, no money stress, no job stress, no back stress from heavy lifting, no kid stress, no lack of sleep stress, no my plant is wilting stress, no I can't eat that stress, no why can't we ever go home again stress, no husband stress, no why is my hair getting thin stress, no why do I lose weight in my boobs first stress, no will it or won't it work out stress, no travel stress, no car stress, no sad stress, no anger induced stress, no stress at all.

I am tired tired tired.

I need a break.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Stress gives me migraines and high temperatures.

. said...

Sometimes you write things that could have been plucked straight out of my own head! I've been feeling that way for a while now and it's exhausting me. I keep telling myself it'll all be over when I graduate (in about 9 months) but I suspect that I'll just find something else to worry about then... =\

In the meantime, I have found something that works as a band-aid for a few minutes of thought-free, stress-free meditation-y time: it's a video on YouTube entitled "Sounds of Rain and Thunder on the River" by whitenoisep3s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0gsduLrfSU

I've always loved thunderstorms but we never get them here. Near-continuous rainfall, yes, but no thunder!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Bilbo said...

So, take a break (easy for me to say, when I'm not shepherding Super Z and Princess H). We'll be here when you get back.