Monday, February 11, 2008

Guitar Hero - What You Should Know

I bought Guitar Hero III for Randy and Super Z Friday. It is their Valentine. I used our entire weekend budget to buy it. Was it worth it? Oh yeah. Randy and I have both already beat it on easy. But I have decided that there are a few things that would be buyers should know about this game before they buy it.
  1. It is highly addictive...perhaps more addictive than crack. I am not sure about that, as I have never done crack.
  2. It will make your fingers ache desperately and yet you will CONTINUE TO PLAY.
  3. It will keep you up past your bed time.
  4. It will destroy your marriage. You will get a divorce because the husband (whose gift it was) WILL NOT let you have your damn turn.
  5. You will go crazy tring to do just ONE song at 100% accuracy.
  6. You will lose track of current events.
  7. You will have a sudden desire to purchase music that you had never even heard before you bought the game.
  8. You will want to get a rock and roll tattoo just like your character...but hopefully you (I) won't.
  9. You wil get up early on Sunday just so you can play without interruption.
  10. You will think that a 5 star review makes you as cool as ZZ Top. This is not true.

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

I understand your list very well and now Rock Band will be entering our house next week for my son's 16th birthday.

At least we can play together...

the rotten correspondent said...

On the other hand, it's introduced my kids to some "mom" music. Who knew that Cheap Trick could still be considered cool??

Unknown said...

YOu didn't! Oh, I'm so sad. I was meaning to post about my experience with this game but I guess I will tonight, I almost forgot. Thanx for the reminder.

Bren said...

Fun! My hubby has been aching for that.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It sounds like it should come with a warning.

Anonymous said...

This makes me happy I haven't bought it! Puppy would be worse than Randy, I'm sure.

Unknown said...

I wish that I could have read your warnings before we bought it back in November. Just last night I told the kids to fix themselves a sandwich for dinner AND missed the first hour of American Idol all because I was too engrossed in the game. We have beat it on Easy and Medium but I'm not ready to try hard yet so I am starting over at easy and using the controller instead of the guitar so that we can play on co-op with the kids.

The kids got Rock Band for Christmas and none of us are impressed with it. The drums are very difficult (we may just need to calibrate them but we haven't tried that yet) and the guitar has a different feel to it so no one likes to use it. Guess we'll just stick to GH. Oh, and just so you know, GH II has some really good songs on it as well. (I also want to get GH III for PC so that I can play it at work!)

Unknown said...

The husband just bought me/us the Wii for Christmas/Birthday/Valentine's day and I am DYING for guitar hero. Considering we argue over tennis calls, I'm guessing guitar hero will bring us to a whole new level!