Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Grandparents Renewed Their Vows





On December 17th my maternal grandparents celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary by renewing their vows. My Mamaw was very excited about finally getting married in a church. It was especially meaningful to me because they did it in the same church that Randy and I got married in. It was a beautiful cold Christmastime night. The candles were glowing and the building was filled with family and love.
Over 60 years they have amassed 7 children, 18 grandchildren, 14 great grandchildren, 4 step great grandchildren (my mamaw insists that they be included :), and 3 great grandchildren on the way. They took go forth and multiply to heart.
My cousin Rae took these lovely pictures and my Uncle sand Forever and Ever Amen. It was truly beautiful. I am proud to say that my only contribution was coming up with the idea and driving two hours on a week night to attend. It was probably my favorite part of the holidays this year.

4 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

What a fine thing to do. Age is no barrier.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the pictures of their hands....I think that is soooo sweet! I love those two! And you of course :D

Pamela said...

oh my. I'm really touched.

Momo Fali said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! Made me teary.