Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Polands Syndrome

So for the first 3 1/2 years of Super Z's life, I had no idea that there was a problem. That is how observant I am. One day Randy, Super Z and Princess H are in Natchez visiting my family while I am working and I get a call from my Sis. She says, "What is wrong with Super Z's chest?" I told her nothing one thing led to another. It turns out that he has Poland's Syndrome, which basically means he is missing his pec and a few other muscles on the right side of his chest. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. I guess he is probably left handed because of it, but so far that is the only effect I see. I feel bad sometimes that I never noticed it. I worry sometimes that as he get bigger he will worry about it. I hope he never lets it effect his self esteem. He is awesome...he is Super Z.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of Polands Syndrome. I'm glad it isn't bothering him. He will probably be so used to it that he wont' ever think about it.

And yes, now I am poking around in YOUR archives!!!